Wednesday, August 20, 2008

All About Maddie

Maddie is definitely two. When we are out in public, most people don't ask how old she is, they normally ask me, "is she two?" because it is so obvious... Anyone who has been around Maddie recently knows exactly what I'm talking about!

Maddie has had quite the imagination lately. Her newest thing (besides stripping down to a diaper) is 'building a fly boat'. Most of you probably ask "what is a fly boat?" But for those of you who have children and have seen The Wonder Pets would know what a fly boat is. When we pulled out Chloe's bath last night, that became her new 'fly boat'. Before this, it was her basket that holds all of her little people. She usually finds 'friends' to come in her fly boat with her. And the whole time she 'builds' her fly boat, she sings over and over and over and over and over again, "What's gonna work? Team Work! What's gonna work? Team Work!" That's the song the animals sing on The Wonder Pets while they build their fly boat.
Speaking of singing, this is another one of Maddie's favorite things to do. No exaggeration, she sings ALL DAY LONG! Most of the time they are songs from the cartoons she watches, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC's, and probably more I'm forgetting but sometimes, she even makes up her own song. Sometimes they have words that go along to a tune she makes up, and sometimes it is just a tune that she hums. Just as everything else Maddie does, her singing is NEVER quiet! It was especially cute the other night when she was singing Chloe a lullaby. The lullaby song is just a tune that Maddie sings the word 'lullaby' over and over again. I'm not sure where she got this song from, it's not one we have ever sung to her! :)


Check out this video! I finally caught Maddie on tape singing the alphabet. It's pretty cute, she is really getting it down! (Scroll to the very bottom to pause the background music!)

3 comments:

Nathan and Raya said...

Ilee and I were looking over your blog and I had to laugh because when you said "FLy Boat" I knew what you were talking about!I thought Ilee liked TV before, but now she watches all of the cartoons, which before were just a select few. Everything engrosses her attention, but she still LOVES DORA! We got her a dora doll house with all of the toys for her birthday. I can't wait to give it to her.

Anonymous said...

WAY CUTE!!! LOVED THE VIDEO BUT COULDN'T HEAR IT VERY WELL BECAUSE OF YOUR BACKGROUND MUSIC. HOWEVER WHAT I DID HEAR WAS VERY CUTE. SHE IS GETTING TOO GROWN UP.....Great Grandma S

Jarom and Heidi Taylor said...

Man my nieces are seriously sodarn cute... I miss you guys so freakin much. I wish i got to see you in a couple of weeks. i guess a month and a half will have to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails