Chloe is one week old today! Holy cow!! It's weird because I can't believe it's only been a week, but on the other hand, I can't really remember life without her. We LOVE having her here! She is such a huge blessing in our lives!! Today also happens to be my actual due date! I am so thankful to have her here and not still be pregnant!!! However, that being said, this recovery has been amazing! I can't believe how good I feel! I remember after having Maddie, I was exhausted. I was on the couch sleeping all day long with her for a couple weeks. This time, I sort of rested (meaning I had a nap or two, and just took it easy) for 2 or 3 days. By the fourth day, I was up cleaning my house, doing laundry, etc! I have been a better wife and mother since Chloe's been here. I don't know why, but I have. I have been so motivated to keep my house clean each day, have dinner cooked and ready on the table by the time Mike gets home from work, laundry has been all caught up and put away, and I've made time each day to spend one on one time with Maddie. That's easy to do when Chloe sleeps all day long. I have only napped one day this week, and yet I've felt good! I am thankful for so many things this time around. I'm not sure where all this energy and motivation came from, but I love it!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
1 Week Old & Newborn Check-Up
I think Heavenly Father knows how much I need energy with a daughter like Maddie who is like the 'energizer battery' commercial... she keeps going, and going, and going! Chloe is so easy so far (knock on wood). I'm worried that I will get my pay back when she gets older. Since the day she was born this girl sleeps amazingly! She eats every 4 hours, and sleeps the rest!!!! 
Today I took Chloe to the doctor for her newborn check up. She is now 20 3/8 inches (60th percentile). She weighs 7 pounds!!! At her appointment 2 days after she was born, her weight dropped down to 6lbs, 7oz, so she has gained back up to her birth weight, and then some! But 7 pounds still only puts her in the 20th percentile! Her head is 13.5 inches (25th percentile). The doctor said she looks great! 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
It never ceases to amaze me how fast a child grows in the parents eyes. It's so amazing and sad.
She is such a cute little thing. I can see some Maddie in her. It's great you have so much energy. Want to share some?lol
I forgot to say that when Ilee saw maddie in the fly boat, Ilee started pointing and saying BOAT! BOAT! BOAT! Then a minute later she says, BATH TUB!!!!! Kids!
Post a Comment