Sunday, September 28, 2008

Seven Plus

Seven has been a very lucky number for the past two nights! On most nights Chloe will do a pretty large stretch of sleep, usually 5-6 hours. But for the past two nights she has done at least a 7 hour stretch! Last night Mike fed her at 9:45pm, she fell right to sleep after, and didn't wake up to eat until 6am! The night before, she ate at 10pm and didn't wake up to eat again until 5:30am. This has been very nice for especially me because I came down with this yucky cold! I must note, that Chloe sleeps MUCH better in her swing! We are so thankful for her swing!!! We also should probably thank her pediatrician for 'diagnosing' her with reflux and finding the right medication for her because it seems to be helping. She has not been in nearly as much pain as she was before, and she is not needing to be held 24/7 anymore either! We are very thankful to have our Chloe back!!! :)
And onto Maddie... she has been saying the funniest things lately. I always call Mike and my mom and tell them as soon as she does say her little 'funnies', but I really need to start writing them down. There are a few, so if you get to the bottom, congratulations! But I want to write them down more for myself to remember the things she says! The other day we were at my mom's, Maddie came and told me, "My hungry mom". This is a very common statement coming out of her mouth for the past few weeks. I probably hear it AT LEAST 10 times a day, no joke!! Here's how it went...


Maddie: My hungry mom.
Me: Go finish your noodles, they are sitting on the table.
Maddie: No, something different my hungry.

Are you kidding me? We were laughing so hard! Seriously, she is already telling me she's hungry for something different???

At church today, we had our children's primary program. Maddie wanted to go up with the kids so badly!

Maddie: My go up with the kids mom?
Me: No Maddie, you have to wait until you're a little bigger.
Maddie: When I'm bigger mom? (thinking really hard about it)
Me: Yes Maddie, when you're bigger.
Maddie: (standing up very tall) Mommy, my bigger now! Daddy, my go up with the kids now!

It's so cute to watch her really think about things and come to a conclusion! So we sat back on our bench and Maddie 'sang' every song with the kids! I had to 'shush' her a few times because her singing was just a little too loud!
After church, Maddie was eating her lunch. When I came back to the room, I saw her taking a few shirts out of my basket of FOLDED laundry clothes that I didn't get to putting away last night, and throwing them on the ground.

Me: Maddie, that's really naughty. Mommy has asked you not to touch the clothes.
(She ignores me, and keeps throwing them out, so I walked over to her and picked her up)
Maddie: You take me to time-out mom?
Me: Yes Maddie, you are going to sit in time-out for 2 minutes because you didn't listen to mommy....

As you can probably tell, Maddie has seen a lot of 'time-outs' lately, she already knows the routine! I have been trying to be very consistent with her lately because she has just been so naughty. (Might have something to do with the amount of TV she has been watching since her toys are all packed up except for one little dollhouse! Poor girl, I do feel a little sorry for her! But it hasn't been so bad, we have just been spending more time at grandma's house playing with all of her toys!)

Last week we were sitting on the couch and Maddie farted really loud. She turns to me with a HUGE grin on her face and says, "You hear that mom? You hear that sound?" Thanks to her father, Maddie is very proud of the lovely sounds she can make with her body!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad chloe is sleeping good so you can get some rest. ava was the worst sleeper of all time. hoping the next one is even a little better. ava ended up having reflux too I didnt know what it was till she was about 3 months old. you just feel so bad for them when their in pain. I cracked up when i read the part about what maddie's been saying lately. she is too funny! We are going to miss you guys. hopefully we can get together during thanksgiving.

Nathan and Raya said...

Tiffany, you better start posting everything like this. We are going to miss hearing about Maddie and her little conversations with you guys. We are going to miss you guys! Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails