Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whidbey Island & Deception Pass

Mike's mom, sister (Heather), and her two kids (McKenzie & Brody) are in town for the week visiting so we have daily activities planned this week. Today we took the ferry out to Whidbey Island and did a little bit of shopping in the little stores out there. Next we headed over to Deception Pass. Maddie and Brody were both asleep and Chloe was ready to eat, so I stayed in the car with them. But after that we went down to a beach right near there that is covered in smooth rocks! It was beautiful and we all had a blast!

As I have mentioned many times before, Maddie has no fear of water! Doesn't matter what kind of water or even the weather outside (recently while at a friends house, it was cold and rainy outside, she decided to jump in her kiddie pool fully clothed!) Anyway, it all happened so fast, I'm not sure if it was a little 'slip-in', or she jumped in. Either way, Maddie ended up once again, fully clothed in the water! She was freezing, so we stripped her down to her diaper, and she was happy as can be! Thank goodness the sun came out and it warmed up!
The kids had a blast collecting rocks, licking rocks (gross, I know!), and throwing the rocks into the water. Chloe just slept through it all!
I'm really not angry in this picture... Mike just thinks it's funny to take pictures of people making weird, embarrassing faces when they don't know the picture is being taken! Anyway, it was a very long, but great day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails