Monday, February 22, 2010

Maddie's Artwork

I found some lovely crayon artwork on my bedroom walls Saturday night. I was walking toward my room and about the same time I look up and see the drawings on the walls, I hear Maddie running around the corner yelling to me that she didn't do it, Chloe did it... funny thing is, I hadn't even said a word about it yet, I had JUST seen it! My daughter has officially hit the lying stage! Ugh!! It wasn't too long ago that she ALWAYS told the truth. She would come and tell on herself before you even knew she did anything wrong.
I was actually having a really hard time holding in the laughter, listening to Maddie as she tried to convince me that Chloe really did draw those great pictures on the wall. Mike had to come in and talk to Maddie about it, because at this point, I couldn't stop laughing (I had gone in the other room at this point). Maddie finally admitted that she had done the drawings on the walls. I was later telling her that she needs to be a better example to her sister because I found orange crayon scribbled on Chloe's sheets on her bed, under her pillow. I told her that Chloe is copying her because now she's coloring on her bed. Maddie's eyes lit up and she told me that no, Chloe didn't do that, SHE had colored in Chloe's bed! SERIOUSLY??? At least she was honest this time, even when I was blaming Chloe!
Chloe was standing there while I was taking these pictures, but I thought it'd really give you an idea of the size of these "life size" portraits. Three of them! Maddie was pretty proud of her work! And to be honest, it's still on my wall! Secretly, I think the pictures are really cute, and my walls were very white and very bare anyway... I'll probably leave them there for a while!Ignore the scrubby, homeless-looking child in these pictures... the kids all woke up with colds, and Chloe has strep throat! It was a lazy kind of day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails