Maddie fell asleep in her bed, all covered up in her blankets. I guess this is how I used to always fall asleep when I was a baby. My mom said she would just throw a blanket over my head, and I would fall asleep. I've tried it with Maddie, I've only had luck with that once or twice! She's a pretty smart girl and can figure things out!
I'm proud to announce that I think we are finally over Maddie's second cold this season... and this one was definitely the worst!
Maddie has been saying the funniest and cutest things lately. I'll give you a few of them I can remember (I really need to be better at writing these things down as they happen)!
Did I mention that Maddie has been EXTREMELY bossy lately? I'm not even kidding, it has gotten bad! Everything we say to her, her answer is usually "No". And not just any "no", it has attitude... with the pointing finger!
*The other morning I was curling my hair, and Maddie kept yelling "teeth, teeth" (meaning she wants to brush her teeth... for the third time already that morning). I told her just a minute, let me finish curling my hair. She started yelling at me, telling me, "No, mom. Teeth NOW!" over and over again. Holy cow... who does this girl think she is? It was actually kind of funny, but I had to hold back from laughing to explain (yes, explain to a 21-month old... ha ha) that it isn't nice to talk to mom like that, and that she needs to wait until I'm finished.
*Yesterday morning I was laying in bed with Maddie watching Nemo (for the 10 millionth time). She is always so focused when she watches Nemo, you can try to talk to her and she acts like you're not even there. Anyway, I sneezed, and she didn't even take her eyes off the TV, but she said "bless you". It was the cutest little voice ever. She had never said that to someone before, that was one thing she said that definitely melted my heart!
*This morning Maddie pushed both of her sleeves up and held her arm in the air, pointing to her armpit and kept saying "arm, mom, arm". I had to think about it for a minute, and then I realized I had just put deodorant on. Maddie wanted some too! It cracks me up sometimes the things kids pick up on, even as young as they are. So I "rubbed" some on her... with the lid on of course!
Maddie went over to grandma's the other day and LOVED playing games with her! She had forgotten that she bought a bunch of these little games for Christian when he was being potty-trained, so Maddie is almost at the age that she can understand them. She actually did a pretty good job with most of them. Grandpa stopped by for lunch, and Maddie was not going to let him leave. She kept saying "hand, papa, hand". He couldn't even get a break from playing games with her. But then again, who can resist that sweet and innocent little princess face wanting you, and only you to play games with her! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment