Tuesday, March 3, 2009

McKenzie's 6th Birthday

This last weekend we went down to Circleville for my niece, McKenzie's birthday, and also to help Mike's mom with some odd jobs around her new spa she opened up down there. Mike painted some walls and doors and I put together a desk. My camera cards were all filled up (still are) so I took these pictures from my sister-in-law, Heather.

Funny cake story... Brody & Maddie went down for naps Saturday afternoon so I told Heather I'd take Chloe and McKenzie with me over to put Alisa's desk together. Chloe was going to eat and go to sleep anyway, and McKenzie could help me (plus keep her from making noise to let the two little ones sleep). Eventually, Brody & Maddie woke up. Heather had made McKenzie's cake earlier so when the kids woke up she let them each have a cupcake. Later, she was folding some laundry and realized Maddie was very quiet, which usually means trouble! So she asked Brody what Maddie was doing. He said she was eating icing. Heather, totally confused, wondering where she would have gotten icing from, remembered McKenzie's cake on the counter she had made for her party THAT NIGHT! Thank goodness she caught her before she really dug in, or better yet, took a cupcake or two off the top. So here's the picture below... you can see her little finger that went across the side, messing up the cute little dots that went around it.

Brody & Maddie
These two crack me up! They played SO well together this weekend. We were all totally impressed that we could count the number of arguments they had on one hand (they usually have the love/hate relationship... I think it's the age... or just my daughter! :)) Anyway, it was fun to watch them play. Where one was, the other was always right behind!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails