We just got connected today. Thank you Comcast for hookin' us up!!!
I know, I know! It's been forever since my last post. I have been receiving phone calls and emails asking me to post news and pictures... But, the pictures will have to wait! My memory cards for my camera have been full since before we left for Utah so I haven't taken a SINGLE PICTURE for over a week! Can you believe it?! I'm totally bummed! I do have some my sister took when we stopped in La Grande. You can check out her blog (Parker & Brooklynn) to take a look, but I will probably steal them later and post them too. I have so much to do, I should not be on here, but I haven't sat down to a computer in so long, I thought I deserved a break for a minute (although it probably won't last long, I already hear Maddie trying to wake up her sister!
We started our journey last Thursday afternoon and drove to Brooklynn's in La Grande. We joked about Maddie and Jackson having a "sleepover" together, in the same bed. We were betting on how long they would last in there, considering how hyper the two are whenever they're together. Well, they proved us all wrong. The second the door shut, we didn't hear another peep. We're pretty sure sometime throughout the night, Maddie 'took over' Jackson's bed, he ended up on the floor, and eventually went into his parents' bed! Maddie slept great! I actually had to wake her up at 8am when we were all ready to walk out the door to begin our next driving journey. It was fun to caravan down with Brooklynn and Parker (they went down for their mission reunion, but were actually a HUGE help to us as well!) Thanks to Brooklynn, my kitchen is unpacked. And thanks to Parker... Mike totally appreciated ALL of his help carrying lots and lots of heavy things and furniture!
I must note, that although Chloe has had some pretty fussy evenings (usually after her feedings around 7-8pm) she has been sleeping WONDERFULLY! She has been doing 7-8 hours a night, meaning only waking once in the night. But we did have an AMAZING night Tuesday night... are you ready for it.... CHLOE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! Holy cow! I actually woke up a couple times thinking, she must wake up anytime now. Nope, she didn't! She had her last feeding at 10pm and didn't wake up for her next feeding until 7:30am!!!
As for Maddie, we don't have her room set up and ready yet, and because of all the changes, we are still deciding which room will actually be hers, and if we are brave enough to have her downstairs by herself or not. So for now, since Chloe is still in our room, she has been sleeping just on the crib mattress on the floor. We have been amazed how well she has done, considering she has never slept in a 'big-girl bed', she has been in the crib up until the night with Jackson. We just crack her door shut, and she hasn't once gotten out of bed. She has gone right to sleep every time... except for last night. Dad put her to bed last night, and she usually tries to take advantage of him because she knows she can get away with so much more. But even her nap today, she laid right down and went to sleep. We are so proud of our biggest little princess!
Well, I have already been on here WAY TOO LONG! I must end this now, I have so much to do. I promise I will take pictures and have them posted sometime this weekend, so be on the lookout for those! I must to a quick shout out to my amazing husband... he has been wonderful through this whole move, completely packing us up and his office while I took care of the girls mostly. We love him and appreciate everything he does for us. We are especially grateful for the hard worker he is, supporting our family, so that I can stay home with our girls. So on that note..... HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY, MIKE!!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Finally Connected
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I'm sure it must be such a relief to be settling in. It sounds like the girls are adjusting well!
Why did you move to Utah?
wow! happy anniversary! glad you guys made it safe. Hope i can see you guys next month.
Yay! You're back on! I was beginning to miss your nagging about my being more than a day behind on posting... good job telling the sleepover story! You didn't mention about the bug jammies being Jackson's though. What happened? I STILL don't have a post about Kate's blessing because I am STILL waiting on pics from mom's camera... you were supposed to help her with that (were you busy? ;-) just kidding. Anyway, hope you guys had a happy anniversary. I missed not making you dinner this year... we had a good tradition going. Oh well, maybe next year!
I'm glad you mad it okay! My fam keeps telling me how cute your kids are whenever they see them, and I agree! See you next time I'm in UT!
Yeah! It was good to hear from you! I'm glad things are going well for you guys. I can't believe Maddie is acutally sleeping on the matress with out running around! There is NO WAY Ilee would do that yet. I've been having to make her cry herself to sleep again! Acutally the other day during nap time - conference was on. Ilee's crying got really loud and we suddenly realized that her door was open. Only one way for that to happen...yes, she crawled out, fell, started sobbed and came to get us while she was sobbing. Augh! I'm glad you have two good little girls! If only ours was more like yours....
The pictures of Maddie and Jackson are super cute in the pictures that Brooklynn posted on her blog.
That is great that Chole sleeping through the night. Always nice.
My camera chip has been filled up too and I haven't been able to take any pictures! I finally went in and unloaded all of them to have them printed off.
Can't wait to see pictures of the family and the new place. Hope you guys get settled in quickly.
Post a Comment