Saturday, October 18, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Maddie and I had a really fun cooking afternoon yesterday while Chloe napped! Maddie is starting to show signs of needing some personal one-on-one attention, so I have been trying to find different things to do with her either when Mike is home that we can each 'take' a kid or while Chloe's napping.
So after we made our jello jigglers (see the post below), Maddie wanted to make 'chocolate cookies' as well. Which I was ok with, since the jello doesn't take long at all to make, but then has to sit in the fridge for a few hours!

I decided I would be a 'fun' mom (how sad is that... I have to 'decide' to be a 'fun' mom! ) and let Maddie do things I wouldn't normally let her do (like sticking her finger in the cookie dough and continue to taste over and over and over again). I am a big fan of tasting the cookie dough, but I'm kind of a germ freak, (I'm sure my mom is totally rolling her eyes right now, so I won't sugar-coat it! I am a HUGE germ freak, totally weird, anal, and mental about things and people being clean when cooking to the point I won't eat something if I 'know' the person doesn't wash their hands often, doesn't look clean, house isn't clean, etc... totally rude and judgemental I'm sure, but just the way I am!)
Moral of the story, I usually let Maddie have a taste, but with a spoon! And not because I'm worried about 'Maddie germs', because I'm not, but I feel like I should be sanitary in case someone other than myself, Mike, or Maddie will be eating the cookies! Ok, on with the cookies... that was WAY too much info!
Anyway, it was a super fun afternoon with just me and Maddie!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

It's okay Tiffany...I'm sure that I will be the same way and not want my kids to touch anything I'm baking. We have patients bring food into the doctor's office and I won't even touch it unless it was bought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails