Thursday, June 5, 2008

La Grande, Oregon

Maddie and I had a great trip to La Grande... mainly for Benjamin's graduation, but we love any excuse to go visit Parker, Brooklynn, and Jackson. Daddy couldn't make it with us this time, he was too busy at work, and we left way too early for him! So, Maddie and I got to hitch a ride with grandma on Wednesday morning, and didn't come home until Monday.
The kids had so much fun playing in the sprinkler together, going to the park, and swimming at the hotel pool where grandma and grandpa stayed. Maddie is a little too brave in the water... she didn't want anyone to catch her, and she wanted to jump in when nobody was around! I ended up buying her a life jacket/floating device so I wouldn't be so nervous about her "no fear" she has for the water! Maddie loved spending time with her cousins, Miles and Jackson. She is still talking about them! It was also fun spending Brooklynn's birthday with her. Happy 26th, Brooklynn!!!! We are very excited for Brooklynn & Parker to move to Portland area in a couple weeks! Maddie and I will definitely make a trip down on the train to see them this summer!
Although we had a great trip (minus Maddie having pink eye... yuck!), it was so great to come home and sleep in my own bed. But best of all, it was so nice to come home to my house spotless, laundry done, the stoves completely cleaned out (they needed it REALLY bad!), and I even had flowers waiting for me on the table! Maybe it's not so bad to go away for a couple days!!! Thanks Mike!!!!! You're the best!!! :)

4 comments:

"MAMMA" Breshears said...

The pictures turned out so cute. It was a lot of fun visiting La Grande last week! The kids were all so cute...I loved it when Jackson and Maddie were competing for my attention...so flattering! Also, thank you so much for cropping out my undies...it was so thoughtful of you :)

Amy said...

Looks like fun and what a wonderful husband!

Mindy said...

Maddie has the cutest curls! These pictures are adorable.

Sarah Pugmire said...

I LOVE the sprinkler pictures!! What a fun little trip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails