Today was the first day of summer, and we definitely took advantage of the beautiful, and I can maybe even say, 'HOT' day in Seattle! It was absolutely beautiful outside!
Maddie has been constantly asking to 'ride a boat', and everyday I tell her 'when it's sunny'. She has even started answering her own question by telling me, 'ride a boat, a sunny outside'. So, my mom, little brother Christian, and I finally took Maddie on a boat ride today.
We took one of those Argosy Harbor Cruises in Seattle, and it was perfect! Maddie was in heaven! She loves doing anything with grandma and Christian, and especially being on the boat... finally! The weather was perfect!
After the harbor tour, we went back to grandma's house and Christian and Maddie played in the sprinkler for a while. Christian is so good with Maddie, and she just adores him! She copies his every move!! It's pretty cute to watch.
And for a little update on Mike... he shot his first bear on Thursday afternoon. He was the first in his group to get a bear, and the same night, the agent he went with shot his too. As of last night, they were the only two from their group to shoot bears. I guess you can only shoot one bear, so they were done for the trip. So... they left to go back to Bob's house in Maine this morning. I haven't gotten to talk to him too much because he only had slight reception when he was up in the tree... when you're supposed to be very quiet, so I'd only talk to him for a few minutes most days, one day, not at all. And most of that he spent asking me how Maddie was doing, and how me and the baby were doing. He made sure to keep telling me that I needed to just lay down and relax and not do so much!
Friday, June 20, 2008
First Day Of Summer
We are so anxious for him to return home on Sunday evening! It's been way too long! The other day, Maddie asked me if we could go to daddy's house. I don't know what she meant by 'daddy's house', I guess she just missed him and wanted to see him... poor girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment