Sunday, March 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mike!

Mike turned 27 on Wednesday! I feel bad we didn't do too much for his birthday. This year we kind of have an excuse, but I feel like there is an "excuse" every year. Poor Mike! He's so good about spoiling me on my birthday and I am not so good at doing the same! 

I have been dieting, trying to get some of this baby weight off before my sister's wedding in June.  It's not fun or easy to diet alone, so Mike, being the amazing husband he is, agreed to diet with me!  So for his birthday, I just fixed him one of his favorite meals that is 'allowed' on our diet... grilled halibut and asparagus. We can't have any kind of sweet desserts (we're not big cake people anyway), but Maddie couldn't wait to sing Happy Birthday to Mike and have him blow out his candle.  So we got those gross, cheap cupcakes from the grocery store, something that wouldn't tempt us, at all, and the girls were in heaven! They went straight to the bath when they were done!



We got Mike two blu-rays for his birthday... New Moon and The Blindside.  Both great movies!! :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

what a sweet hubby! Love those pictures of your adorable family.

Anne said...

What a cute little family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails