Friday, June 26, 2009

Madeline Jean

Madeline Jean- Mike and I had Maddie's name chosen very early into our marriage (possibly even before we were married). It was the only name we had picked out (and agreed on). And Jean is my grandma's middle name (who we all love and miss very much!)

Age: 3
Stats:
Height: 38.5 inches (79.38%)
Weight: 35.05 pounds (83.75%)
BMI: 16.62 (75.78%)
Favorites...
Color: Pink (sometimes blue)
Movie: The Little Mermaid
Food: Noodles (any kind), broccoli, watermelon, bananas, peanut butter sandwiches
Drink: Apple Juice, Chocolate Milk Shake
Stuffed Animal: Giraffe
Book: Pinkalicious, Goodnight Moon
TV Show: Spongebob, Dora
Activity: Anything Outside, especially swimming
Game: Hopscotch
Person: Daddy
One Saturday morning Maddie and I went on a 'date' to see the Movie "UP" at the movie theater. I wasn't sure how she'd do, it definitely wasn't her first movie, my mom and I used to go see movies all the time when she was just a little baby. She was always so good in the theater, would just eat or sleep, never make a peep (wow, how things have changed!) We did that until she was about 9 months old. I had taken her to see a movie with the girls I nannied for, that was the last one she had ever been to... the Bee Movie. I had to take her out of the theater because she kept yelling "BEE, BEE, BEE" through the movie. Then tried to play with some little boy behind us, who was trying to actually watch the movie. I was actually impressed, she did quite well. She did still have commentary through pretty much the whole thing, but whispered most of the time! She loved having the big bag of popcorn!
This morning Maddie and I were playing with her magnetic dress up doll grandma got for her a while back. Maddie had her all dressed in an outfit and tells me, "She's not gorgeous yet". She found a big bow, put it on the doll's head and said, "There, now she's gorgeous!"
The other day Maddie told me she wanted to go to that place where you get black boogers from the dirt. I was a little confused and thought that was a weird statement. I said, "Camping?" "Ya," she said, "I want to go camping, and maybe Parker will take me fishing!" (She got this thing in her head almost a year ago that Parker is going to take her fishing and she hasn't stopped talking about it. It's the funniest thing!)
Maddie likes to take Chloe's pacifier from her (since the p-pire fairy took hers away) and she'll tell me that 'Chloe just wants to share with her' or that she's 'just borrowing it'. When I tell her to give it back, she'll say "Just one last suck mom" and seriously suck a few times on the pacifier and then give it back. Such a strange child!
Tonight after Mike got home and we had just finished eating dinner, Maddie stripped down to her underwear. This lead to a conversation about how she wasn't going to put her swimsuit on to 'take a shower in the rain' (it was/is raining outside, she's been trying to go outside to swim all day). So she's standing there in her underwear, which is not uncommon, but all the sudden says, "Hey, I know, let's have a naked party"... ummm, are you kidding me? Of course Mike and I both start laughing. Where does this girl come up with these things, really??? It makes us a little nervous what she tells people when we're not around!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails