This evening while I was putting Maddie to bed and asked her if she wanted to say her prayers, she made sure that we got down on the side of the bed to kneel. She wanted both of us to say it, so she started it, then wanted me to tell her what to say and she would repeat it. Toward the end of the prayer, she started repeating everything very loud and obnoxiously. After the prayer, this is how our conversation went:
Maddie: Mom, I saying the prayer REALLY loud!
Me: Maddie, it's important that we say our prayers in a soft, reverent voice because we are praying to Heavenly Father.
Maddie: And Jesus too. Hmmm.... I wonder where Jesus is.
Me: He's up in Heaven with Heavenly Father and the angels.
Maddie: I want to go to Heaven too!
Me: Me too Maddie, we will go, someday.
Maddie: I want to go to Heaven and live with Jesus, and the angels!
I don't remember how the rest of the conversation went, but at this point, I was trying to hold back the tears. I can't get enough of these precious moments I have with Maddie.
I love the sweet, innocence of a child!




2 comments:
So sweet! I always loved babies, but didn't realize how incredible toddlers truly are. It's so fun to listen to them as they figure out and explore the world.
Hey girl, cute blog. Your girls are so adorable! I hear you have some great tricks to getting labor started. boy am I ready! spill!
Post a Comment