Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Husband

I have the greatest husband in the world! After Maddie finally getting over being sick, and me being in bed sick all day Saturday, I have been just a little bit stressed about everything I need to get done before we leave for our trip this week. On Sunday for Mother's Day, Mike and Maddie got up early to make me breakfast in bed. I don't think Mike thought that Maddie was quite old enough to spill the beans, but she came into my bed and told me, "dad make a breakfast for mom". When she ran back out to help Mike, I heard him say, "Maddie, you're not supposed to tell mom. It's a surprise." Of course, she ran back into me and said, "A breakfast, a mom, a prize." I got a good laugh, and breakfast was yummy!

I still wasn't feeling very good, but didn't want to skip church on Mother's Day so we all went, and it was actually a really good service. I even got to go to Relief Society, rather than my normal calling in Nursery, which I loved!!
Mike got me this really soft, cozy robe I've been wanting, and some soft, comfy slippers to match. I also got a gift certificate to get a manicure and pedicure, which I really need! But the best gift of all, Mike knew I hadn't been feeling good and stressing about everything I needed to get done... so he cleaned the whole house, did all of the dishes, took care of Maddie, and even did ALL of my laundry; and there was a lot to do!! Holy cow! My husband played "mom" for the day! I loved it! I haven't stopped thanking him all day, and I feel so relieved to have so much done, and I didn't even have to lift a finger! He even got up early this morning before work to fold the last load of laundry and put it all away. That is probably the best gift anyone could have gotten me!!! Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Tuita Family said...

How sweet! Now we just need to figure out how to get them to help out like that more then one day a year?!!! Have fun on your little trip!

Unknown said...

what a special mother's day! Mike such a good man! i am glad you had such a great day!

Sarah Pugmire said...

What an aswsome guy! I love the pictures, have fun on your trip, and we'll see ya at Maddie's birthday!

Nathan and Raya said...

WOW! That is awesome!! I was so excited when Nathan made me breakfast early one morning, but Mike went above and beyond!! He's a keeper. I wonder what next year will bring when there are two little ones.
By the way, Maddie is so cute spoiling the surprise of breakfast. She's adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails