My most favorite cousin ever came to visit me a couple weeks ago from California with her 3 kids and my grandma! I was so excited when they told me they were coming, we could hardly wait! I hadn't seen them for almost 3 years, it had been WAY too long! Both Laurie and I have 3 kids, but we both had only met each other's oldest child. I can't believe our middle children were almost 3 and 2 and we hadn't met them yet! It was such a fun trip, although we didn't get out too much. I guess we just weren't brave enough to take 6 kids ages 6 down to 3 months. And although it was crazy most of the time, we loved every minute of it! I'm so glad they came to visit because my cousin and her family just moved to Florida so who knows when the next visit will be! :(
I love this picture of Sam & Lillee, they both started staring at each other and laughing! They are just over 2 1/2 months apart. Sam was 6 months here and Lillee was 3 1/2 months. She did not want this tutu on, but I think this crying picture is just SO cute!
My A/C went out in my house while they were here, and the temps were in the 90s-100s. I called on it right away, and the guy was awesome and changed some appointments around, but he still wasn't able to come out until later that afternoon. Then he had to find the part needed to fix it. He made a bunch of phone calls that night and was able to track one down. He changed more appointments around so that he'd be able to come out first thing in the morning to get it fixed, which he did. But at that point, it was SO hot in the house (I think it got up to the high 80s, I normally keep my house around 70-72 degrees), it would take forever to cool back off. Needless to say, we spent 2 days and 2 nights in a very hot house! The kids ran around in just their underwear or diapers and we spent most the time down in the basement where it was MUCH cooler!
I'm pretty sure we all slept like this for 2 nights. It was just SO hot!!! Miserable!!!
We spent a day at Grandma Dudley's pool. The kids had a blast, they didn't want to leave! The weather was good and the water was perfect! Even Sammy loved, loved, loved the pool! After the pool we went to eat at out favorite, inexpensive, kid friendly restaurant, Pizza Pie Cafe. So yummy, as usual! :)
One of the days, we had the kids all matching in their red, white, & blue. They looked so cute so we definitely wanted to take some pictures of them all together. BUT here's the joke: What do you get when you try to take a picture of 6 kids ages 6, 4, almost 3, almost 2, 6 months, and 3 months?! Some very funny looking pictures! It was a bit of a joke, to say the least! Oh well, they look cute anyway!
Chloe does NOT like having her picture taken most of the time... unless it is HER idea. Well, she especially does NOT like having her picture taken if she is not holding Sam. Chloe absolutely loves her baby brother! You can see in these pictures how she went from mad and crying, to all smiles as soon as I let her 'hold' Sam.
Maddie & Harlee got along so well, despite the 2 year age difference. They were hilarious together! At one point they were in arguing with each other over an imaginary leprechaun. It was real girl drama, they were both in tears about it at one point. They came tattling to us saying things like "she took more gold than me", "but she took some gold out of my pot". All we could do is laugh! Seriously?! Who fights over imaginary leprechauns, rainbows, and pots of gold? Some good entertainment for us that night!
Such a fun week!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment