We've all been sick here for over a week now, and it's no fun! It wasn't so bad up until this last weekend. We were all just congested and going through lots of Kleenex. And just when we thought we were getting better, things went downhill fast!Maddie was over it the quickest, although now she has a slight cough. Mike and I actually seem much better today too.
Poor Chloe is a whole other story! Although we thought she was just about over it too, she got worse on Friday. Last night was pretty miserable. She slept fine... if she was in MY bed! Which is so strange for Chloe, she normally does not sleep well in our bed, ever! To her, our bed means play time! But that was not the case last night! I ended up getting pretty much shoved off the bed and was pretty uncomfortable so at about 4am I tried to move her back to her own bed. Well, she woke up crying and wouldn't stop until I brought her back into my bed and she went right to sleep. Needless to say, I was uncomfortable the rest of the time!
She seems to have gotten worse even as the day has progressed. She only took a 45 minute nap this morning (normally takes at least a 2 hour nap). It was a struggle getting her down for her afternoon nap, she just wanted to be held. She slept off and on for about 2 hours. Poor baby can hardly keep her eyes open, as you can see in these pictures, they were about half open all day today. I wasn't going to take her to the doctor, but her fever came back and she still wasn't sleeping. I didn't want to take a 3am visit to the ER like I did last time she was sick, so I decided to take her in... and I'm glad I did! My poor Chloe bugsy has her first ear infection in her right ear, possibly strep throat (they didn't test it because she had to have antibiotics anyway for her ear infection, but he said it was pretty red and puffy), and something else about her nasal. I didn't hear that part of it. But we have some amoxicillan now to take care of all three. Hopefully we'll get back to normal very soon! I will admit, I have enjoyed spending the entire day cuddling with Chloe! I don't get to do that much anymore now that she's so independent!
On another note, last week, on Sunday night, during a family dinner at my house Chloe got upset on 2 different occasions within a 2-hour time span and passed out. We took her into the after hours clinic and then for a follow-up with her own pediatrician on Thursday and found out she has "breath-holding spells". Basically in a nut shell, about 5% of 'normal' children can hold their breath long enough to actually pass out. Lucky me, Chloe is one of them! Scariest thing ever!! I hope they don't happen again, but chances are, they will! When they do happen, I'm supposed to lay her on the ground and walk away, but keeping her in eye sight. Basically giving her no attention for them so she doesn't do them more often. Scary, huh???
Monday, October 26, 2009
Sick
Now on a happy note, Chloe has been the funniest little girl lately and I thought I'd note a few of the funny things she does (that I can remember, anyway!)
*Chloe LOVES to read books. But even more, loves to be read to! Especially if you're sitting, she'll find your lap, and she always has a book in hand! But she can't sit next to you, she has to sit right in the middle of your lap! She will keep climbing around until she finds her comfortable spot, which is getting difficult for me with my belly sticking out these days!
*As I mentioned, Chloe is always carrying a book, well, you will also almost always see her wearing a "bracelet". A bracelet is anything that can go around her wrist. Sometimes this girl gets pretty creative!
*If you ask Chloe a question, she'll shake her head up and down and say, "yes". No matter what you ask her, she'll usually say "yes". Unless you ask her if she wants to go night-night, she may just laugh and run to daddy as fast as she can! Smart little girl!!
*If you ask her, "Chloe, do you want nummy nums?" She'll say, "yes", and then while she's eating it she'll say "Mmmmmm!"
*Since Chloe's been sick, she's been very slobbery (maybe teeth coming in too???) She figured out how to blow bubbles with her own saliva, and did it over and over and over again yesterday! We were cracking up! We did catch it on video tape, but I have no idea how to put that onto my computer!
Onto Maddie... she is always saying some pretty darn funny things! Here are a few of them I can remember:
"I'm almost done making my clusters."
"I'm trying to exercise with my strong muscles."
"I am such a great sister!"
"Thank you Chloe, that was very kind of you!"
"I love going Trick-or-Treating... even I love ghost-es!"
"Mom, come say hi to my friends, Pinkeye and Bloodsy"
"Chloe-bugsy is my berry best friend."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Oh my gosh!! That is the scarriest thing ever! I can't believe she can do that! Im glad everyone is feeling better, sick kids are no fun, but when your sick on top of it, thats the worst! Love all the funny things maddie says like always:)
Post a Comment